Delivers a positive story and hope for a better future by:
- Highlighting our capability. Humanity has already prevented the descent into the next ice age (even if we have made a massive overcorrection).
- Identifying ways of delivering the UN Sustainable Development Goals and shows how this can stabilise populations.
- Calling for a new global financial management structure that takes account of our enormous unfunded liabilities.
- Identifying true growth, through the advancement of knowledge and the use of energy systems that are non-polluting.
- Explaining how the interconnected web of life is built and controls the biosphere’s stabilised environmental support systems.
- Exploring how all of climate change and environmental degradation can be reduced back to disruption of the natural nutrient cycles.
- Illustrating how human activities have resulted in a greater than 50% overall reduction in the number of living things and how this has degraded the resilience of our biosphere, as a self-regulating climatic control system.
- Showing how, by restoring the missing biomass and restructuring societal systems, we can heal our planet and fulfil our destiny.
- Highlighting the UN Sustainable Development Goals, agreed by 193 countries, imply that 9.5 billion people should be living well on the planet by 2050. Envisionation believe that this should be the unifying target and are developing plans for its delivery.
Envisionation’s plan calls for investments to be made in:
- Active management of our entire environment will require the highest level of real-time monitoring and feedback.
- The International Centre For Earth Simulation Foundation proposal for a supercomputer that brings together all the existing climate models, satellite, financial, agricultural and oceanic data.
Clean energy generation
- Wind, solar, SMR nuclear, borehole reactors, geothermal.
- Supporting technologies.
- Building weatherisation, material separation, DC transmissions, supercapacitors, energy storage systems.
- Shipping efficiency.
Greenhouse gas reduction
- Direct CO2 capture, industrial CO2 capture, reduction in industrial methane emissions, natural methane emissions capture, biological methane emissions capture.
Large-scale land restoration and biomass growth
- Afforestation and reforestation.
- Soil restoration.
- Increased biomass.
- Acidification reduction.
- Increase productivity.
Solar radiation management
- Research and testing of terrestrial and atmospheric systems, so that we can respond if exponential warming overwhelms other efforts.
Development of global carbon accounting systems
- Based on the total amount of carbon in living biomass as a standard for all other carbon drawdown and emissions offsetting systems.
- Covering the true cost and value of everything.
Support for international legal structures to prevent ecocide and other environmental damage.
Education and communication, information disbursement
- Links with leading international universities.
- Links to scientific institutions.
- Links and advice to action groups.
- Producing a narrative that all people can understand.
Contracting systems between urban and rural areas for the provision of biosphere management services.
Resilient and efficient systems for food production that free large areas for natural rewilding and eradicate cruelty to sentinel creatures.